- With 31 recipients, MSU is among the nation's leaders in
Goldwater Scholarships, America's premier science award
established by Congress in 1986 to encourage young science
- MSU undergraduate accounting students consistently lead
students from all colleges and universities in the country in
overall passing percentage on the National Association of
State Boards of Accountancy's Certified Public Accountant
(CPA) exam. MSU ranked number one in the nation in 1997,
1996, 1995, 1991 and 1983 and has been ranked among the
top ten undergraduate schools in the nation for CPA passing
percentage 12 of the past 13 years.
- MSU is among the leaders in the nation for the number of
students receiving Truman Fellowships in the Arts.
- Twelve students have been selected to the USA Today
All-USA Academic team, placing MSU among the top schools
in the nation with multiple academic all-American selections.
Four MSU students have also received honorable mention.
- MSU leads the nation for Phi Kappa Phi graduate
fellowships with 14 awards in 15 years.
- The average pass rate for MSU College of Nursing
graduates taking the National Licensing Exam has been
above 90 percent for the past 12 years.
- MSU's engineering graduates have a pass rate of 95
percent on the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam compared
to a national average of approximately 70 percent,
- MSU applicants for dietetic internships have a 92 percent
success rate compared to a national internship placement
average of 48-52 percent. For the past 15 years, all MSU
students taking the national Registration Examination for
Dieticians have passed the test.
- Graduates in architecture have annually demonstrated a
high success rate in passing the professional licensing
examination. MSU is among the few universities in the
country offering a five-year Master of Architecture degree.
For more information about MSU, call 1-888-678-2287, or visit the Montana State University site.
Sources - Montana State University.